This is a research group in philosophy of mathematical-physics addressing the philosophical foundations
- of classical and quantum mechanics,
- of the classical and quantum descriptions of the fundamental interactions (gravitational theories and Yang-Mills theories).
To do so, this research project is based on the following methodological decisions:
- We make abstraction – as much as possible – of the empirical (experimental and phenomenological) dimension of physics.
- We focus on the mathematical foundations of the corresponding theories.
- We address mathematical formalisms that either 1) make possible new non-standard formulations of the corresponding theories or 2) can be useful for shedding new light on conceptual aspects of the latter.